The Committee to Keep Music Evil Forum

CTKME Forum
 
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:41 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to The Committee to Keep Music Evil's online forum!




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:35 pm
Posts: 43
anyone knows if the pedal is sold as part of the merchandise on the current tour ? how much is it ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:05 pm
Posts: 1083
Location: Los Angeles
There were 3 of them on the merch stand at Psych Fest (see the photos from 12stringdreams and HelloTina). Two were sold on the spot and orders were taken for more.

The price at Psych Fest was $450 and they would be built to order but only in a very limited run. I know one order went in right at the end of the tour last weekend, so maybe contact the Committee pronto?

On the other hand, Sploshette, you already have some Vox guitars with working effects. Why do you need a pedal that replicates them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:57 pm
Posts: 260
Location: heaven (strung out in)
gia wrote:
There were 3 of them on the merch stand at Psych Fest (see the photos from 12stringdreams and HelloTina). Two were sold on the spot and orders were taken for more.

The price at Psych Fest was $450 and they would be built to order but only in a very limited run. I know one order went in right at the end of the tour last weekend, so maybe contact the Committee pronto?

On the other hand, Sploshette, you already have some Vox guitars with working effects. Why do you need a pedal that replicates them?


Hi Gia -- I can't speak for Sploshette, but that pedal is appealing to me because I like the effects from the guitar and with the pedal I can have that sound with other guitars. Plus not all the effects work on all my Vox guitars - kind of a mixed bag of working effects depending on the guitar. And another big plus is that pedals at the show had the band logo on them -- how can you go wrong with that?!?!!

And Gia, you were so patient with me at the merch table when I was trying to buy the red (germanium) pedal and you were trying to explain to me that the guy behind me had already purchased it -- I couldn't hear a thing over the music and you patiently explained it to me until I finally heard enough to understand.

I'm definitely looking forward to receiving that pedal.

_________________
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/12stringdreams


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:45 pm
Posts: 42
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Whoa! Where can you place an order for these? Didn't see this pedal at the show in SLC. Quick searched and on the Spiritualized forum it just says to e-mail Acid Fuzz directly? This looks awesome. Can't afford a starstream/ultrasonic - can't say I have a huge desire for one though, I would rather have a jazzmaster probably.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 pm
Posts: 80
The one with the BJM logo on it is a BJM-tour exclusive thing. BJM had a bunch made for band members, and the extras were sold on the tour for $450 (and they sold out apparently). However, it is available from Acid Fuzz currently as a custom-build. (mine's on order, but it's quite the back-order since they are hand made)

Acid Fuzz informed me that they will be available this summer for $300, as they are ramping up on a production model.

I'm with 12stringdreams and Sploshette.. Even if you already have Vox guitars with working effects, some aren't quite what they used to be (repeaters are extra finicky for me). Also, they eat through 9v batteries like crazy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:35 pm
Posts: 43
pyra wrote:
The one with the BJM logo on it is a BJM-tour exclusive thing. BJM had a bunch made for band members, and the extras were sold on the tour for $450 (and they sold out apparently). However, it is available from Acid Fuzz currently as a custom-build. (mine's on order, but it's quite the back-order since they are hand made)

Acid Fuzz informed me that they will be available this summer for $300, as they are ramping up on a production model.

I'm with 12stringdreams and Sploshette.. Even if you already have Vox guitars with working effects, some aren't quite what they used to be (repeaters are extra finicky for me). Also, they eat through 9v batteries like crazy.


12stringDreams and Pyra understand my problem ;-) In fact I have only 100% working order VOX guitars with built in FX, so I have no problem with them. I would like to own the sonic boom pedal as I have a few guitars (VOX w/o built in FX and of other makes) I would like to be played through the effects.
More, the pedal have a lot interesting features not available on VOX guitars.

Too bad the BJM don't have custom-build for sale anymore :-(
I'm gonna get in touch with acid fuzz and order one ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:57 pm
Posts: 260
Location: heaven (strung out in)
sploshette wrote:
More, the pedal have a lot interesting features not available on VOX guitars.

Too bad the BJM don't have custom-build for sale anymore :-(
I'm gonna get in touch with acid fuzz and order one ...


The extra features are what really sets it apart: the boost/fuzz signal chain can be reversed, the repeater is cleaned up and improved, and there is an effects send/return (a really, really cool feature).

I purchased the silicon version at Psych Fest, but Rob C. wanted to have one around to show at the other stops so I left it behind with him. I am semi-patiently waiting to receive my copy of the pedal with logo -- yup the logo is just for looks but I'm a big fan so I'm happy to throw in the extra to get have it on the pedal. I think Rob was going to get mine set for me during the short break after the first leg of the tour.

_________________
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/12stringdreams


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 45
I'm building a pedal with the 3 effects of the Vox guitars (treble bass booster, distortion fuzz and repeat).
I just have a prototype, but I can make some others.
I'm building these pedals like the vintage amp, in point to point, no pcb, just wires.
And the size of the pedal is very small for 3 effects, like an Electro Harmonix Pulsar.
No improvments of the effects, they sound like the reals, exactly the same components with the same value=same sound.
The only improvment is the design, 1 fender jackplate on each side (very practical when using on stage, the cable isn't horizontal), 3 pushbuttons (not an improvment compare to some pedals) and the best thing is 3 wheels in order to control the amount of effect (very practical on stage, possible to modify the amount of effect with the foot).


Last edited by SatanicMajesties on Thu May 17, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:09 pm
Posts: 421
Location: Central Valley, CA
SatanicMajesties wrote:
I'm building a pedal with the 3 effects of the Vox guitars (treble bass booster, distortion fuzz and repeat).

Damn, that's cool!

_________________
www.rottingamerica.com
thesirago17.bandcamp.com
iamnotthejanitor.bandcamp.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:29 pm
Posts: 374
Location: udanax
12stringDreams wrote:
I purchased the silicon version at Psych Fest, but Rob C. wanted to have one around to show at the other stops so I left it behind with him. I am semi-patiently waiting to receive my copy of the pedal with logo -- yup the logo is just for looks but I'm a big fan so I'm happy to throw in the extra to get have it on the pedal. I think Rob was going to get mine set for me during the short break after the first leg of the tour.
Hope he didn't give it to Courtney. :wink:
Image

Image

_________________
the truth is that all living beings are struggling to die . . . what stops death is awareness.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:57 pm
Posts: 260
Location: heaven (strung out in)
the fourth way wrote:
Hope he didn't give it to Courtney. :wink:
Image


Probably or someone else, whichever the case, I'm sure it's gone.

I'm taking Rob C. at his word that I'll be getting my pedal. It's prepaid now, but it isn't killing me to wait a bit for it -- it does seem to be a damn sweet pedal though so I'm definitely looking forward to receiving it...

_________________
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/12stringdreams


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:35 pm
Posts: 43
I just ordered mine from acid fuzz.
From what they said me :
- Anton uses the sillicon "normal" version .
Ricky and Rob have both the sillicon and germanium versions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 pm
Posts: 80
Got mine in the mail a couple weeks ago, and it's a blast to use. Pretty faithful repros of the original Vox effects, but with a lot more parameters to play with and shape your tone.

Thanks AcidFuzz!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:45 pm
Posts: 42
Emailed acid fuzz a while back and they responded by saying they aren't taking orders at the moment but are working on a production line that will be available this summer. Can't wait!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: acid fuzz sonic boom pedal
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:57 pm
Posts: 260
Location: heaven (strung out in)
I received my Sonic Boom by Acid Fuzz pedal this afternoon - I have the germanium version. Looking forward to trying it out over the weekend.

_________________
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/12stringdreams


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Donate Now
Donate Now



Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org

Template made by DEVPPL Flash Games
 
suspicion-preferred