The Committee to Keep Music Evil Forum

CTKME Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Committee to Keep Music Evil's online forum!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Basketball fans?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:19 pm 

i bet you liked that game winning shot that melo hit over lebron. melo can close a game and lebron can't (at least not yet). bulls made a ton of trades at the trade deadline, but i think we can get into the playoffs. as long as rose is healthy.

jamison is a good role player. he always adds value to the team he's on, but i don't know if he's a game changer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm 

Not You wrote:
I've switched allegiances a bit from Cleveland to Denver but I'll say Denver's my fav in the West and Cavs are my fav team in the East...

Switched allegiances? How do you do that? Once a supporter, always a supporter-win or lose. Never give up on your team. But, I guess not being from the US it's easier to do that?

This season has been weird for Portland. We have had so many injuries that we have been facing an uphill battle since pretty much game one. I have been so proud of them and how they have competed when the odds have been against them. Imagine what this team will be like when everybody is healthy? At the same time there have been plenty of times where I have been frustrated with their game and the coaches game plan.

But, we're still fighting to stay in the race and keeping that eighth spot to make the playoffs. Our division is redhot though and as Denver are in our division I have to say...I hate that team. That said, I would hate them even if they weren't in the same division as Portland. Everything about them is easy to dislike...their egos, their shitty tats that cover every inch of skin on every player, Birdman, that horrible shade of blue etc. etc. The Denver Thuggets. I do have one sincere positive for them...I wish their coach well with his illness.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:53 pm 

Dude my team was the Seattle Supersonics. I like the Thunder but "my" team is history.... plus yeah I live in Australia!

I still love my ball but just don't have the one team passion anymore. Shawn Kemp was my idol and I am thus a bit jaded due to his many downfalls.... lol

and yeah Cleveland I liked but was never crazy obsessed with them, but yeah still one of my two current favourites.

and yeah Portland have been pretty amazing considering their curse this season

Ice Cube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:59 am 

Not You wrote:
Dude my team was the Seattle Supersonics. I like the Thunder but "my" team is history.... plus yeah I live in Australia!

OKC are Seattle. They are redhot at the moment and the worring thing is (I say worrying because they are in Portland's division) they are a young team. So, they will only continue to get better and be a threat.

Seattle kept their silverware, their colors, their name and their logo. That usually means that within 2-5 years a team will return. That pisses me off because why fucking move them in the first place? OKC could easily have gained a team. Hell, give them the LA Clippers. Everybody knows there is only one team in LA.

Quote:
and yeah Portland have been pretty amazing considering their curse this season

We just went 4-1 on a five game road trip. Needed it too bro, the game we lost went into OT so it could easily have gone in our favor. Camby looks more comfortable in our unit. Nicolas Batum is quickly becoming one of the hottest international players in the league. He can play both sides of the ball. Awesome defense but also a great offensive shooter. Everything you want in a basketball player.

Hey, you know your boy from down under, Paddy Mills is a Trailblazer? He doesn't see much action but he will eventually get his time.

I'll be at the next home game on 3/3 against Indiana.

Rise Up!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 am 

yeah, OKC are awesome... i know they used to be the Sonics (not sure if thats what you meant)... but as I say Shawn Kemp was my everything so when he left it kinda fizzled out for me.... OKC are one of my fav teams but I don't really make the connection to the Sonics subconsciously, I just love how young and talented they are.

and yeah Ive been hearing Patty Mills is ripping it up in the D league lately, I agree his time will come!

Good to see Bogut starting to realize his potential too, hope he can stay healthy

Ice Cube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:55 am 

Not You wrote:
and yeah Ive been hearing Patty Mills is ripping it up in the D league lately, I agree his time will come!

No longer in D-League, bro. We called him up a few weeks ago when most of our first team were injured. He's currently on our bench suited and booted in Blazer gear. At the moment he only sees garbage minutes in games we have blown out but he gets good press here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:56 pm 

Excellent

Ice Cube

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:21 pm 

Not You wrote:
Ive been hearing Patty Mills is ripping it up in the D league lately, I agree his time will come!

As I said, Mills was called up by Portland a few weeks ago. I was at the game last night against Indiana and coincidentally they put him in the game with only six minutes left (Portland were crushing them). Your boy received a loud clap when he came on the court and several hundred fans in one section were chanting "Pat-ty Mils!. Pat-ty Mills!"

He went to the basket a few times but nothing dropped. Nice aggressive attitude though when he drove to the board. Not sure how long he will stay on our team. I suspect we will trim some cap so that we can be a player in the amazing free agency this summer. Personally, I think Chris Paul would be a great fit on our team.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:49 pm 

this year's free agent class is gonna be sick.

Quote:
But the offseason of 2010 is not just the Summer of LeBron. It's also the Summer of Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Tyson Chandler, Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, Joe Johnson, Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Redd, each of whom can become an unrestricted free agent in 2010.

this is amazing. but i didn't see anything about chris paul. plus would he really leave the hornets? i thought he liked playing there. we'd take any of these guys, but to be realistic, everyone in chicago thinks that we'll probably get joe johnson or carlos boozer, both who would fit in nicely with the bulls' current lineup.

we've already learned that top tier players like wade and lebron don't want to play for the bulls.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:51 am 

charass wrote:
i didn't see anything about chris paul. plus would he really leave the hornets? i thought he liked playing there.

You're correct. Knowing he was coming up to free agency NO offered him a four year contract, which he signed. He now becomes a free agent in 2012. I have read he is not happy with the direction the team is going. They are currently in 10th place and making it more difficult for themselves to get back into the playoff race.

There are some big names in that free agency list. LeBron and Dwayne do nothing for me. They have too big of egos to be on our team, which is relatively ego free (thankfully). That's the way we like things here and hope to keep it that way. But, we may still be one piece short of being that Championship/dynasty team.

Then again, with so many injuries this season we really do not know what our team is capable of. With 100% health and fitness, I reckon our boys can go far.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:25 pm 

The thing about Lebron's ego is, it is as big as his talent, or smaller... it's not like he's a Ron Artest or something. He doesn't strike me as a selfish player or person...

Ice Cube

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:41 am 

Things in the west are getting wild! With only 13 games left to play, Portland are currently in 8th place but only 2 games separate them from 5th. NW division, in particular, is hot as hell. It's arguably the toughest division in the NBA. 4/5 teams in the playoff race ranking 2nd, 4th, 5th and 8th. If Blazers make playoffs with all their injuries this season then Nate McMillan has to be in the running for Coach of the Year.

I picked up tickets to Portland's second to last home game against OKC on 4/12. Couldn't be a bigger match for both teams. OKC are currently above Portland in both the division and the playoff ranking so that game could determine a hell of a lot. Also, it's always fun when OKC comes into town because a loyal Seattle following will show up in Portland to remind the Thunder where they once belonged and should still remain.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:29 pm 

Anybody else wrapped up in the NCAA tournament?

Phenomenal games so far. Love that Northern Iowa beat Kansas but honestly...who saw that coming?

With Kansas gone maybe Syracuse v Kentucky in the final?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:59 pm 

late on this but since my illinois didn't make it this year, i just couldn't be bothered with it.

but bulls barely made the playoffs only to probably being swept by the cavs. it makes you wonder why bother being an 8th seed? when do they ever win? it's a victory for an 8th seed just to not get swept.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:43 pm 

charass wrote:

but bulls barely made the playoffs only to probably being swept by the cavs. it makes you wonder why bother being an 8th seed? when do they ever win? it's a victory for an 8th seed just to not get swept.

Have to disagree with you charass. It all comes down to who is playing better ball at the end of the season and which teams match up well against each other. Your Bulls may well be swept, but to be honest, on the whole the Eastern conference is nowhere near as good as the West. That is not to say the Cavs are not THE best team in the league, what it means is there is a massive discrepency between your #1 and your #8 seeds in the Eastern playoffs.

Look at the West though, between #2 and #8 there is almost as narrow of a window as one can get. It literally came down to the final game to decide the final placements of #2-8 seeds!

I suspect LA will win their #1/#8 series against OKC but I think OKC can give the Lakers a difficult time. What may be more of a problem for OKC than Kobe or Artest is the Thunder's youth and inexperience. They are not as battle hardened as the Lakers are.

On the otherhand, how about those Trailblazers? With our main offensive weapon out, everyone counted us dead and said the Suns would beat us. Who's laughing now? Sure, a lot of basketball still to be played in that series but to win the first game in Phoenix without Roy was fucking sweet! Have to stay focused now and get the job done. We can do it!

Bring it on!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC