The Committee to Keep Music Evil Forum

CTKME Forum

It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Committee to Keep Music Evil's online forum!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Basketball fans?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:59 pm 

yeah, you're right about the east versus the west discrepancy. there are only about two really solid teams in the east, the cavs and the celtics. but the west is indeed all over the place in terms of talented teams. and the west is definitely more competitive than the east, especially in the first round.

hell yeah the blazers can go far into the playoffs. is roy expected to be back soon? the suns don't have the most unified team this year and we're seeing a much more disciplined blazers squad than what we've seen in years. i'm pulling for you guys. but once you get past round one, then it may be an uphill battle depending on who you end up playing. also watch out for the jazz too. my boy derron williams from illinois is a beast and is playing like a true allstar.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:55 pm 

Ouch! :oops:

Ok, so game 2 of the Portland/Phoenix series was not pretty for the Blazers. But, everybody in Portland knew that following an upset and losing their home court advantage, Phoenix would be tough and that game 2 would probably be the most difficult game to win of the entire series.

Game 3 and 4 in Portland gives us home court. We now need to adjust to their adjustments and not let them beat us in our city.

Nate McMillan coach of the year!? The only other coach that should even be in those discussions is OKC's head coach.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 pm 

OKC!!!!

eat **** you fucking laker fucks :D

Lakers are doomed this season, they just don't have "it". Kobe and Artest are just terrible people and I hope everything bad in life happens to them

Ice Cube

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:14 pm 

Not You wrote:
Lakers are doomed this season, they just don't have "it".

I do hope OKC beats them but I think it may come down to experience and the "Fakers" will edge the Thunder out in that category. Unfortunately LA are seasoned and have been in this situation before. OKC have not. But, I am pulling for Durant to show them the door. Also hoping somebody shows Garnett and Pierce the door over there in the east. I hate the Celtics as much as I hate the Lakers.

BLAZERS!!!!!!! Roy returns and the series is now tied 2-2! :D

Here we go, Blazers!!!

EDIT: I just scored face value tickets for 4/29 quarterfinal playoff game 6 in Portland! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:18 pm 

shiva's headband wrote:
I hate the Celtic

Me as well!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:24 am 

^^^ :D :lol: ^^^

Clever edit on my soundbyte, Saughton.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:53 pm 

:cry: :x

Bummer that Portland's season is over. However, given all our injuries most didn't think we had a chance to even make the quarterfinals let alone to win 2/6 games. So, I'm proud of what we accomplished. We'll come back healthy and strong next year and teams had better watch out!

With Portland out of the race I hope Cleveland win it all. A championship will be good for their city.

Anybody but the Lakers or the Celtics! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:00 pm 

some great games so far in the college tournament. what a close game between uw and unc today! and butler beating pitt last night, another great one. duke/michigan on now, and looking forward to the fighting illini taking on kansas later tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:24 pm 

[quote="flyinghigh777"]some great games so far in the college tournament. what a close game between uw and unc today! and butler beating pitt last night, another great one. duke/michigan on now, and looking forward to the fighting illini taking on kansas later tonight.

i'm an illini and sadly kansas whooped our ***. but since illinois is out, i'm on the VCU bandwagon. they're crushing teams.

and now i can focus on d rose making his case to be mvp. bulls are looking good!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:43 pm 

charass wrote:
i'm on the VCU bandwagon. they're crushing teams.
sad to see that these guys didn't make it to the final. local clowns nc state tried to get vcu's coach smart, but he declined. i think that was a wise move on his part. looking forward to more good things from them next year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:56 pm 

flyinghigh777 wrote:
charass wrote:
i'm on the VCU bandwagon. they're crushing teams.
sad to see that these guys didn't make it to the final. local clowns nc state tried to get vcu's coach smart, but he declined. i think that was a wise move on his part. looking forward to more good things from them next year.

man, vcu would've given uconn a better game than butler. it's like butler knew there were gonna lose at the start of the second half and just threw in the towel. that was one of the most boring championship games in recent memory.

vcu is def going to get better. smart is young and passionate, which goes a long way when motivating young players.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Contact Us | All times are UTC