The Committee to Keep Music Evil Forum

CTKME Forum

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 3:42 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Committee to Keep Music Evil's online forum!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:31 pm 

I'm not one to believe in NBA game rigging either. Maybe at a local level but certainly not by the league. I have, however, read similiar things that the league WANT a Kobe vs Lebron final, which they can promote and make a lot of money from. Refs can easily change a game and many in Portland were crying foul with the sheer amount of calls made against the Blazers in their series against Houston. Their beef was that Texas being a much bigger market it was better for the league if Houston advanced. Again, I don't buy it. BUT if league enforced game rigging is ever confirmed I will never watch the NBA again. NCAA all the way.

On that note, my old man still watches pro sports but his passion is now NCAA. He became disgusted with pro ball when the original Cleveland Browns team left for Baltimore, the 1994 baseball strike and constant drug scandals in the MLB and the thuggery image of the NBA (eg. Denver Nuggets, "Jail"blazers era Portland etc.). He loves the game but feels the big money involved in pro sports has ruined it. Elite NCAA teams have a lot of money too but you get far fewer decisions being money driven nor do teams just up and leave. Also, there are more David vs Goliath games in college where the upset is more likely to happen.

That said, it would be nice to see NCAA football go to fewer bowls and a playoff scenario rather than the computer choosing match-ups and mediochre teams making it to crap bowl games that mean nothing. That way a true #1 can emerge out of the ranks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:29 am 

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Ice Cube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:24 pm 

Damn! I knew Orlando were good but I didn't think they were THAT good.

Poor, poor Cleveland. Once again one of its sports teams proves why the city motto should be..."maybe next year". :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:59 am 

I bet David Stern and his cohorts of conspiracy are turning in their graaaaaaaves man...

or better yet I bet they did this on purpose man! Cuz we were getting too close to the truth man! Because like, jet fuel cant even burn hot enough to collapse the buildings in the first place, man!

Ice Cube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:55 pm 

oh well, there go my conspiracy theories! as you said not you, it would be incredibly difficult to pull it off, but it's fun to think about!

well, now the cavs need to do whatever they can to keep lebron. do you guys think he'll leave cleveland, or will he tough it out some more? if i were him, i'd start looking around for another home.

i like ncaa ball a lot, but i usually don't get into it until march madness. there are just too many teams and conferences to follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:59 am 

Yeah I think bron may leave... at least now he will seem to have a decent reason other than wanting to play for a "bigger market", which so many people say and is possibly true... man I'll NEVER understand that shit...

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrretty sure you'll be rich and famous no matter what, bron... playing in New York ain't worth it!

Ice Cube

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:27 am 

Lebron's sportsmanship is what should be questioned and not whether he will leave Cleveland. He played well but he clearly can't do it alone. Orlando, as a team, outplayed the Cavs. Lebron should stay the course and help bring the city a championship. Especially as he grew up in Akron, just outside of Cleveland.

If Lebron does leave he will be almost as unwelcome in Cleveland as Art Modell was when he sold the original Browns to Baltimore. Yet another sad chapter in Cleveland sports history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:48 am 

Having dethroned Boston and then downing Cleveland, my bet is on Orlando to win the championship in six.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 pm 

:oops: That was brutal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:02 pm 

HelloTina wrote:
:oops: That was brutal

Ummm..yeah, it was. I suspect though they will contain Kobe better in game two. Bryant was on fire and just seemed to nail all his shots. Orlando also seemed to rely too heavily on the outside shot more than driving towards the basket and it wasn't working. At one point the Magic were only hitting 30% of their shots, which are never good odds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:12 pm 

3-1 to LA....Game three and four were close and Orlando really should have taken game four. Their foul shooting lost it for them (as did the decision NOT to go for the foul on Fischer). Fischer's three to equalize and send to OT more or less sealed the game for LA.

For what it's worth (not much, I know) I reckon Orlando will take game 5 but LA will win the Championship title in game 6.

Sorry HelloTina, unless Orlando have a stretch of miraculous games coupled with a complete system failure by LA it seems to be slipping away from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:00 am 

How the magic can give away 2 games in OT play is beyond me :shock:

THe games are sooo long. It is really only necessary to watch the last 10 seconds of the game and with timeouts that takes about 30 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:37 pm 

HelloTina wrote:
How the magic can give away 2 games in OT play is beyond me :shock:

The final sucked in comparison to the Chicago v Boston playoff series and Orlando v Cleveland semi-final. How the hell can Orlando play such inspired ball against Cleveland and just roll over, choke and die against LA? I'm not a supporter of Orlando but I would have liked to see them win it over LA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:12 pm 

yeah, i think i enjoyed almost every playoff series more than this one. orlando really did just roll over and die. that was a shame. but as much as i hate the lakers, they got that great frontcourt-backcourt of gasol and kobe. i think you really need a great center and guard (gotta have both) to win the championship.

dwight howard's game is like rodman's, and people were expecting him to play like hakeem, ewing, or david robinson. he's not that kind of a center. he can rebound but he can't shoot worth shit.

speaking of center-guard combos, i heard some rumors about shaq diesel going to the cavs. that's would def help keep james in cleveland. and it would be a sick combo.

Post subject: Re: Basketball fans?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm 

So I thought I'd resurrect this here shiznit.... more than halfway through a new season and all...

what's peoples thoughts? I've switched allegiances a bit from Cleveland to Denver but I'll say Denver's my fav in the West and Cavs are my fav team in the East...

wondering how Antawn jamison will fit in there, they gave away nothing for him so couldn't hurt I suppose?

And Melo is a BEAST

Ice Cube

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC