The Committee to Keep Music Evil Forum

CTKME Forum

It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 5:34 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Committee to Keep Music Evil's online forum!

Post subject: Re: New York....tips needed!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:34 pm 

sparrow wrote:
Spaceman G wrote:
Cool! Yes i've heard the Beets before. I love that lo-fi DIY scratchy garage style. I will check out those other acts as well. Thanks! Also love Wild Nothing on the same label

Oh I have meant to check out Wild Nothing, thanks for the reminder. Listened to that new Beach Fossils today, so great!! If you want The Beets' new album Stay Home (so good) here is my upload: http://www.mediafire.com/?9dri562c06psod9
Enjoy!! Oh and here is The Soft Moon's album: http://www.mediafire.com/?zahyt4hw04e93

I forgot to say Sparrow, thanks for the links! much appreciated. I will get downloading :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:58 pm 

Has this trip happened?

If so, how was it? Did you see anything cool? Could you upload a tracklist of your NYC themed playlist? :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 pm 

I believe he's here in NY right now, been here since Sat the 9th! I gave him tips & hope he's enjoying himself tons, although last night was a terrible storm, and I hope that did not ruin one of his nights of his trip. That's a good idea about him making a mix tape for us, haha!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:16 pm 

Yep I'm back and yes it was amazing. Very depressed to be back at work today though.

Did the usual tourist stuff and also mooched around Williamsburg (v cool, coffee shops and really good record shop), the East Villlage (Ukrainian restaurant! i'm half Ukrainian! also good record shop, bars etc), and Greenwhich village (a bit rubbish - full of rich students and tattoo shops...seemed a bit soulless).

Went to see the Go team at the bowery ballroom supported by Frankie Rose. Really good gig, but got absolutely drenched before in a torrential downpour. We were on our way to Ludlow Street (recommended by sparrow) on the Lower East Side for pre-gig drinks and food and subsequently got lost in an area with no bars, restaurants or taxis....then came the rain and had to abandon the Ludlow street plan and take shelter under a hot dog stand for an hour. My other half was not impressed...ha ha. The weather was a bit bonkers really, one day hot, the next cold grey and wet followed by full on thunder and lightenning.

Also, liked it in the Meat Packing district/Chelsea, especially because of the "High Line". Basically a 2 mile stretch of derelict railway which goes above the city and has been transformed into a fantastic comtemporary urban walkway with new trees, wild flowers and great vews across the city. They were filming 'Law and Order' in the same area and I managed to walk straight into shot and look at the camera. Got told off by some hipster production assistant in his headphones and ill fitting trousers. ha ha.

Five nights isn't really enough and i think i need to go back! Also managed to delete my entire I-tunes libary in a jet -lagged induced moment of madness!! (dont suppose anyone knows how to get it back!)

By the way sparrow, how were the Black Angels and Suuns? I think it sold out in the end....no way i could have made that with the jet - lag, i'm getting old!! I will be seeing Suuns in August in sunny Wales at the Green Man Festival.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:22 pm 

In terms of playlists think i just listenned to LOTS of Beach Fossils (favorite band at the moment from Brooklyn) Craft Spells and Frankie Rose and the Outs!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:17 pm 

Oh sad you missed Ludlow area due to that wicked storm. I was soooooo grateful that did not happen the previous Sat night during the Angels/Suuns show. I've been caught in the city in terrible rain storms before where I've had to sit at a Dead Can Dance concert soaked to the bone and then go BACK out into the storm after. Angels/Suuns were SOOO GOOD. One of the best I've ever seen. I was front center, just like I said I'd be, too bad you didn't make it. I thought it was sold out too, then I saw folks buying tix at the front window, so who the hell knows! Glad you did enjoy most of what you saw in NYC & glad you would love to come back! As for the deletion of iTunes, I fear that too: if I lost mine, I'd be out a ton of tunes and no idea how to recover any of it. I guess if you don't 'back it up' when you buy it, you might be out of luck, sadly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 pm 

Defo wanna go back, also wanna go to San Fran and LA (next stop i reckon)....
That storm was crazy, no wonder everybody was wearing Wellies! My Clarks desert boots are trashed!

Contact Us | All times are UTC