The Committee to Keep Music Evil Forum

CTKME Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Committee to Keep Music Evil's online forum!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
 Post subject: Re: what concerts have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:59 am 

saw the biccies last night at the old ritz in manchester
boss re-endition of
sandy gall's coming to town
[youtube]
http://youtu.be/ohE0tNdW9nQ[/youtube]

great gig, as ever

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:25 pm 

This subject dropped a ways down the ladder. I sure haven't been posting here lately. But, last night will change that. I saw a group that I have been listening to for some time, much liked, but I never saw them live. A small 3-piece. I expected to be dazzled, but I didn't expect what I saw and heard. The great NZ band The Clean played at The Echo. I had no frickin clue how good these guys really were. I was totally caught off-guard. Those of you that have seen them, I must believe you feel similar. As with any great 3-piece the loan guitar has an important role to fill. Once again, I was amzed at the talent of the guitar player...totally blew me away. The ability of this guy to play rhythm and lead parts effortlessly was mind-boggling. Backed up by equally great bass and percussion, the overall rhythm coming from these 3 guys was astonishing, absolutely stellar. Each of the 3 also sing and it just blew me away to place a given song with the certain individual that sung it. No keyboards though. The show was sold out and that made for a slightly uncomfortable scene as The Echo is not the greatest place for a sold-out crowd. They really could have booked a larger venue. And, finally, a very strong performance by support group The Black Watch...Very impressive. Great night of music.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm 

Yeah man The Clean are fantastic. I discovered them about a year ago. Never realised they were still touring though. They must be getting on a bit! Really like this....which MGMT covered..
Check out The Chills (you probably already have), also from NZ

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:05 pm 

Saw the legendary John Cooper Clarke in Leamington the other week. Brilliant. Kind of a cross between Bob Dylan and Sean Ryder! Good documentary on BBC4 about him last night as well

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:26 pm 

gmgates wrote:
This subject dropped a ways down the ladder. I sure haven't been posting here lately. But, last night will change that. I saw a group that I have been listening to for some time, much liked, but I never saw them live. A small 3-piece. I expected to be dazzled, but I didn't expect what I saw and heard. The great NZ band The Clean played at The Echo. I had no frickin clue how good these guys really were. I was totally caught off-guard. Those of you that have seen them, I must believe you feel similar. As with any great 3-piece the loan guitar has an important role to fill. Once again, I was amzed at the talent of the guitar player...totally blew me away. The ability of this guy to play rhythm and lead parts effortlessly was mind-boggling. Backed up by equally great bass and percussion, the overall rhythm coming from these 3 guys was astonishing, absolutely stellar. Each of the 3 also sing and it just blew me away to place a given song with the certain individual that sung it. No keyboards though. The show was sold out and that made for a slightly uncomfortable scene as The Echo is not the greatest place for a sold-out crowd. They really could have booked a larger venue. And, finally, a very strong performance by support group The Black Watch...Very impressive. Great night of music.
no keyboards?..damn..still had tobe very cool..

Many believe that the dawning Age of Light or Age of Consciousness defines itself in relation to our capacity for unconditional love, our ability to transcend enemy patterning and victim consciousness while adopting unity consciousness that sees divinity in all things. From this standpoint, it might be said humans are evolving into a “biologically conscious” species capable of holding and sharing the full light of unconditional love.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:45 pm 

No keyboards until the next night...Got in on an in-store @ Wombledon Records in Eagle Rock. Only about 30 people. This was a real treat, small place, friendly and located directly next to a good pub. Although a keyboard was set up, it wasn't used but once. Would sure enjoy seeing The Clean with a dedicated keyboard player. It really adds a nice component to their sound.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:25 pm 

Saw the original Strawberry Alarm Clock Saturday night at Echoes West. Very tight, great musicians, all members singing with great harmony.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:01 pm 

gmgates wrote:
Echoes West

How was the rest of the fest (Echoes West)?
:lol: rhymes :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:14 pm 

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Raleigh, NC. I loved every second of it. It had been 20 years since I last saw them live, and wasn't disappointed in the least. It may have been a "Hit" driven set, but they are great songs, so I had no trouble with it. Plus, a few off tracks added a bit of balance. They apparently have a bunch of new tunes written, so hopefully differences can be put aside and a new album will be recorded, followed by some more live dates. Still holding out some hope that they can be part of APF6..... Now if Curve can somehow regroup and tour the uS before the end of 2012, thee trifecta of the 1992 JAMC, Spiritualized, Curve tour 20 years later will be complete.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:27 pm 

[quote="sirago17"]How was the rest of the fest (Echoes West)? :lol: rhymes :lol:

It was quite good Mr. Chris, beautiful day. The security folks at Echo are *******, pinheads but what the heck. No ins-and-outs although the show lasted for 8 hours or more! We're all supposed to stay inside for that long and drink shitty beer and eat crap pizza from Two Boots...****-heads they are.

I've been catching a group called Strangers Family Band a lot lately (they played as well). If you haven't already, see them when you can. Also, Sasha Valley's group, Silver Chords, played. They are also quite good. She also organized the entire event.

I am continually amazed at how many (good) musicians are out there (LA may be packed with em) and how good they are.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 pm 

Saw Spiritualized last night, last minute thing but really glad I went... a few songs kind of lumber on but they are made up for by some proper mind mending tracks, and at points some of the best versions I have seen them play.

They do quite a bit off the new album as well as a few new songs and a few welcome returns and one track from the spacemen days thay they have never played I am reliably told.

Good night though and deffo see them if you can.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:34 pm 

Saw the great Australian band Tame Impala Saturday night. They exceeded my expectations. A Swedish band called The Amazing opened. A strange, if not poor, choice for a band name, but they were quite good.

The Fonda is always a good choice for a show, especially since it is connected to the Blue Palms pub.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:38 am 

Acid Mothers Temple at the Satellite last Saturday.

My buddy got the guitar remnants.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:04 pm 

Dead Skeletons Manchester 26th November

My second time of seeing them and they blew me away just as much this time as the first, the rhythm and grooves that come churning off the stage are so hypnotic and for guys scattered all around the globe they are one tight outfit. Will Caruthers absolutely kicked arse and I forget just how much of the spacemen 3 sound came from him...

Loads of merch... all though I think Will sold out of his book, shame as I had my eye on one of those...

On my way out I said to Will this maybe my favourite show of the year.... only maybe he said.... well there is still 4 weeks to go was my reply

Don't miss your chance to see they guys....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:55 pm 

sirago17 wrote:

Acid Mothers Temple at the Satellite last Saturday.

My buddy got the guitar remnants.

Hah hah hah..........nice to see some rock n roll destruction !!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35

Contact Us | All times are UTC