The Committee to Keep Music Evil Forum

CTKME Forum

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:44 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Committee to Keep Music Evil's online forum!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: what concerts have you been to recently?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:44 am 

supersonic89 wrote:

Peter Daltrey and the "New" Kaleidoscope. More to come.
great song and vid, but easily the most annoying "yeaaaaaaaah" i've heard in my life. beats jim carey in dumb and dumber.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:24 pm 

Snapdragon is my favorite song. That, and a few others, have been on the ol iPod for years. I was so pleased to hear that song at both shows I attended. And yes, that Freddie yelling was getting annoying. If I'm correct, it was the same group of guys that were also showing great enthusiasm during A4s set. Scott paused at one point and told the Freddies that if they talked so much during Peter's set, they would be kicked-out. Luckily there was no major disturbance of the great vibe the entire night.

Thanks Supersonic89 for the dedication and attention to recording these events.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:05 am 

Well I hope everyone that went to Clean Air Clear Stars had a good time. I couldn't go, unfortunetely, but I'm sure that those who went have some good stories. At least I had some entertainment this weekend, and I didn't have to go very far. The Allah-Las played a free show to an audience of 10 at the Orange County Great Park.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:30 pm 

Well supersonic89, CACS was really cool I thought. I didn't know quite a few of the groups, but they turned out really good. The big surprise for me was Mark Gardner (was that his name?) playing with Sky Parade...blew my mind. He began with a few songs, solo with acoustic guitar. He was then joined by the rest of the band, and Mark switched to an electric guitar. I'd not heard his other band, Ride, before. Very talented guy!

Black Ryder is always great. Their set seemed short to me, relative to all other groups. Spindrift kicked-*** the night before on the indoor stage. The groups just before were leaning a bit countryish. Spindrift came on loud and hard...changed-up the environment in a good way.

All-in-all, a great weekend. I was glad that I went and will make an effort to go next time...if there is a next time. The weather was great, the crowd upbeat and the scene was reall cool. I quite enjoyed it.

A group of guys were supposed to have been asked by one of the groups, not Tommy, to document the gig. They asked me, and many others, for an interview...Not to sure about these guys though. We'll see how/if the DVD turns out. They just rubbed me strangely, and I became suspicious that they were just wingin' it...Scammers maybe. But they did have some equipment that resembled video cameras...

Nice to see Mr. Rob, his room mate, Christof and his beautiful girlfriend. Ran into Matt, A4s new bass player, checking in to our hotel. Had no idea he was there, nor he I. That was a cool coincidence that set the whole weekend off to a great start.

Thanks MikeD Imiges for driving and keeping me company the whole weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:17 pm 

the acoustic stage was really nice as well. Intimate. A bottle of vodka was passed around at one point.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 am 

gmgates wrote:
A group of guys were supposed to have been asked by one of the groups, not Tommy, to document the gig. They asked me, and many others, for an interview...Not to sure about these guys though. We'll see how/if the DVD turns out. They just rubbed me strangely, and I became suspicious that they were just wingin' it...Scammers maybe. But they did have some equipment that resembled video cameras...
good call gg. don't know what they're deal was for sure, but i do hope they actually put something together. it would be great to have some other footage of all the music and festivities. i do know christy campbell took some video for a project she's working on, and she's a pro. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 pm 

sound of light wrote:
the acoustic stage was really nice as well.

Yea, I saw you out there, on the side, kicked back in your beach chair...then you disappeared.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:49 am 

If there was anything that really made me want to go, it was Mark Gardner. I'm a huge Ride fan as well as all the other shoegazing bands that were on Creation with them. It's a shame I couldn't see him play.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 am 

gmgates wrote:
sound of light wrote:
the acoustic stage was really nice as well.

Yea, I saw you out there, on the side, kicked back in your beach chair...then you disappeared.

I think I went to put on some warmer clothes at that point- and sat out that particular guy. But I ended up returning and staying until the end. I loved Miranda's new songs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:54 pm 

a rare occasion around these parts.. got to see the morning after girls twice! once in raleigh at slim's (added at the last minute) and then a couple nights later in chapel hill at local 506.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 pm 

Went to see these in Rugby last weekend, they were fuckin' bob on. Barnsley lads.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm 

well i took the plunge and moved to Austin two weeks ago. things are going great so far. last night Christian Bland and a few friends played a show at Hotel Vegas and performed an epic 30 minute improvision. The Wall of Death from Paris, France were also on the bill and they were fantasic. They're on their way to LA next, so go check them out at Harvard and Stone on the 15th and at 3 Clubs in Hollywood on the 20th.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm 

well i took the plunge and moved to Austin two weeks ago. things are going great so far. last night Christian Bland and a few friends played a show at Hotel Vegas and performed an epic 30 minute improvision. The Wall of Death from Paris, France were also on the bill and they were fantasic. They're on their way to LA next, so go check them out at Harvard and Stone on the 15th and at 3 Clubs in Hollywood on the 20th.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:49 pm 

supersonic89 wrote:
well i took the plunge and moved to Austin two weeks ago.

Wow, I had no idea man! I've been lazy for the last 6 weeks and not attending a show a week and thought that might be why I haven't seen you around.

Thanks for the tips. All the best.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:55 pm 

I second giving props to Wall of Death. i caught most of their set at APF4, and really liked what I heard. I didn't know that they were stateside. that is good to hear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC